Below is an overview of my past and current projects in writing, editing, and illustration. I've chosen a few articles and soundbites to highlight—for further examples, please follow the links to my online profiles and content.
As Content and Social Media Manager at SportUp, I'm currently working in an engaged, startup environment with a team that understands the important role that sport can play in young people's lives. At SportUp, I've had the chance to work directly on social media and content strategy, site design, and product development alongside the cofounders and CTO.
Since beginning at SportUp, I've created a number of spotlight feature articles on partners and programs that are doing good work in their communities, including a recent piece on the Watts Bears—this included a photo gallery, a short documentary film (below), and a written piece, the latter two of which were republished by GOOD Magazine in November, 2016.
For more, please visit SportUp // Between The Lines (Medium), the SportUp blog and home of our longform content dedicated to sports, education, and community.
As Content Marketing Manger at AFAR, I had the opportunity to work closely with the Director of Digital Content, the Chief Technology Officer, and the Editor-in-Chief to help define the scope and voice of the brand across social media and email newsletters. During that time, I also contributed articles to the website, curated numerous guides for content licensing programs, and ran sweepstakes and partner programs for our online community.Articles:
- How to Make the Most of Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- 5 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy Travel More
- Oh the Places We'd Go (If We Could Play Hooky in San Francisco Today)
- Where to Go in America Right Now
- One Man's Trash: 17 Awesome Flea Markets (This was also syndicated by Apartment Therapy)
- 29 Must-Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- 27 of the World's Most Remote and Beautiful Places
- For more, please visit my AFAR.com profile.
- Read more about ROWING Magazine
- NCAA Rowing 2014 College Preview, Divisions I, II, and III
- Igor Grinko: An Icon Passes
- RR Interview: Beijing Bronze Medalist and Rio Olympic Hopeful George Bridgewater of New Zealand
- RR Interview: Double Olympian David Banks of the U.S. Men's Eight
- Flat Water Tuesday Photo Contest: Our Favorites
- Friday Conversation: Paralympian and Five-Time National Team Rower Andrew Johnson
- USRowing Coaching Changes: Discussion and Analysis
- Video Of The Week: Washington Huskies Prep for the 2014 IRA Regatta
- A World Apart: the Outer Sunset (Huckberry)
- Arty living in San Francisco's rising Outer Sunset district (The Guardian)
- Hacktivate-Ed: A Model For Collaborative Problem Solving (Edutopia)
- Education Pioneers Alumni Working to Solve the Missing Piece of EdTech (Education Pioneers)
- Virtual Unreality: Boxed In—The Problem with Programmed 'Experience' (Medium)
- Beat LA, If You Can: San Francisco's Emerging Cultural Rival (Medium)
- Noted author Eleanor J. Hall and I collaborated on A Book of Green Verses (I did the illustrations)